Monday, January 5, 2009

Sunday Lunch

The Divine Italian made this lunch for me and our fabulous friend Lydia yesterday.  Roasted kombucha squash with a parsley salad tossed in vinaigrette dressing, sprinkled on top with toasted pepitas.  He also made a heaping pot of moules mariniere, but we devoured them too quickly for me to take a picture of them.  Sorry.

I think I'm becoming a squash addict.  Piero roasted them with the skins on this time (he saw Jamie Oliver do it) and they turned out just that perfect combination of melt-in-your-mouth and crispy.  Thank God it was healthy, is all I can say, because I could not stop myself.  And speaking as someone who really enjoys her crunch factor, the toasted pumpkin seeds gave me the same satisfaction that a huge hunk of La Brea Bakery baguette would have done (but which I'm forbidden to eat at the present time).

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin