Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Shopping 2012: Let's Do This Thing

Here you go.
This year's list of book pairings to hopefully make gift-giving a little easier. 
All picked with you and the people on your holiday list in mind.
And all still deliverable by Christmas if you act promptly.

x/Lisa


1. FOR INCORRIGIBLE E. L. JAMES FANS 


(Fowl play, BDSM style. $11.82. HERE.)


AND


(Super easy to kick off. Grey Jack Purcell slip-ons, $75.00. HERE.)



2. FOR DAPPER DANDIES 

(Incredible style, endless inspiration. $18.98. HERE.)


AND

(I own it and I love it. Paul Smith Hipstagram handkerchief, $39.07. HERE.)



3. FOR THE KID WHO'S COOLER THAN YOU 


(According to the Washington Post,  "it's the sort of goodie favored by brainy 
kids who love wordplay, puzzles and plots that zing." $8.87. HERE.)

AND

(I want this in my husband's size. Boys Zara sweater, $45.90. HERE.)

OR

(I want this in my size. Girls Zara jacket, $59.90. HERE.)



4. FOR CLASSIC AUDIOPHILES 
(He rocks it old school, in his own words. $15.00. HERE.)


AND

(How fun would it be to crank up "Heart of Gold" on this? 
Crosley AV Room Portable USB Turntable, $160.00 HERE.)


5. FOR LOVERS OF GRACE 

(Because we've been entranced by her ever since "The September Issue." $19.02. HERE.)

AND

(Because it's tough and pretty, just like Grace. Belstaff Kent handbag, $2,650.00. HERE.)


OR



(Clare Vivier Tropézienne tote, $386. HERE.)



6. FOR CUTTING-EDGE FOODIES


(I want to make the roast sweet potatoes with fresh figs asap. $19.85. HERE.)

AND



(Save over 500 plastic bottles a year -- isn't that reason enough?
 Sodastream carbonated water maker, HERE.)


7. FOR ETERNAL WANDERERS


(Her photos are a quasi-transcendental experience. $30.88. HERE.)

AND


(Made from the kind of leather that looks even better scratched up. 
Cross-body Roberu leather camera strap, $108.00. HERE.)



8. FOR HIGHBROW PLEASURE SEEKERS 


(It's supposed to be even better than "Atonement." $15.00. HERE.)


AND

 
(Someone gave me these for Christmas last year and I've spend the last 364 days thinking about them. Squirrel brand creme brulée almonds, $42.99. HERE. Other sizes available.)




9. FOR EARLY ADOPTERS 

(Find out what's going to happen before it happens. $16.35. HERE.)


AND




(A wooden block speaker for "the-first-one-on-the-block" types. $32.00. HERE.)



10. FOR CHIC NESTERS 
(Turn your workspace into one you can't bear to leave. $31.48. HERE.)


AND


(Chic-ify your office with python trays. $40 and up. HERE.)

13 comments:

Merry Wife said...

Oh wow, those almonds look so good!

Great list - I think your friends and family will be very happy this year. :)

pve design said...

Great list, can you add a portrait by me of your home, dog, husband, child....ha ha! (and your book will be on my list just as soon as it is published!)
pve

Lily said...

What a great curator of highbrow and funky treasures you are Lisa, especially love that handkerchief!

Emily said...

I want the Grace book and Sweet Tooth, and yes, I'll take their pairings too.
The handkerchief is epic!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous finds, Lisa. I think I want them all for myself. Heeheheee. No, I love giving. Thanks for all the ideas. Handkerchief is amazing and those almonds, mmmmm!!!

Bart Boehlert said...

One of each please.
bb

Hadley Court said...

Great List!

Unknown said...

hello,
this blog contain is very useful and very nice information .I'm very glad

gift cards

Acanthus and Acorn said...

I just ordered the nuts- I am guessing I better open them with a crowd otherwise I'm afraid what could happen if you obsess about these 364 days a year!

Unknown said...

Thank you to tell us so much useful information. I'm glad to read it.


gift cards

Unknown said...

I am here to tell you that blog commenting is one of the most powerful traffic generation methods around. I believe blog commenting has taken over what traditional article marketing used to be.

Stock Commissions

TGOD said...

I Love this blog , its so interesting and it has a kind heart attach to it.
looking forward to more blogging from you.

Martin said...

Wow it's just great how you picked all of those items to make really special gifts, I wish I could spend the holydays with my family but I'm stuck here in an apartments in buenos aires

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin