Friday, October 1, 2010

Peter Dunham Does It Again


I missed his One Kings Lane sale in August because I was on an island called Unst in the Shetlands surrounded by sheep and spotty Wifi. I actually contemplated jumping on the ferry to Scotland (a 14 hour crossing) just to be able to go online and bid, but common sense eventually prevailed.

However, he's having another sale tomorrow and from the advance peek I was given, I think his items are going to sell out in record time. I'll be there at 8 am sharp. Will you?


Primping Painting
Original price: $620, Sale price: $249



Louis XVI style bergere chair
Original price: $1900 Sale price: $599


Black floral vintage suzani fabric pillow
Original price: $370, Sale price: $179



Pair of Italian armchairs
Original price: $4200, Sale price: $949


(interior, Hollywood at Home)


Update: I purchased this lovely 1949 photograph of the Coliseum in an antique maple frame. My husband's mother is from Rome, so it has a special resonance for us. There were other things I had my eye on, but they were already in other members' carts by 8:02 am. You have to be quick on the trigger for Peter's sales.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please take away the pink. Orange maybe?

Dumbwit Tellher said...

I'll be cheering you on from here. From what you posted amazing deals, love OKL & Peter Dunham.

Your holiday in the Shetlands sounds fabulous, no wi-fi & all!

Cheers ~ deb

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Anonymous: It was in honor of October 1st, the start of National Breast Cancer Month. A "think pink" day (did you not read the post below)? :)

Mrs. Blandings said...

Nearly all of Peter's wonderful things were sold or hold by the time I got there! No surprise. I need to be quicker on the mouse next time.

style chronicle said...

I purchased the most fabulous pair of 1960's glazed Italian pottery lamps! Can't wait for them to arrive!!

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
T said...

Too late but totally inspired!

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Style Chronicle: I saw those...wow, congratulationa! They were gorgeous and totally one-of-a-kind.

Carrington: Next time. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin