Victoria at Art House Design has tagged me one of her favorite bloggers (thank you very much, Victoria...I am honored). The rules are to share ten random facts about myself and to nominate seven other bloggers in return.
1. My weakness for marzipan is all-consuming.
2. When I was in my 20's, I spent months knitting a complicated sweater for myself only to have it stolen the day after I finally completed it. After crying for a day, I decided I had a choice: either I could remember this moment for the rest of my life with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach (and thereby give misfortune the upper hand), or I could knit the entire thing again. I knitted it again.
3. I've eaten sheep intestines (Turkey), boiled seal meat (Norway) and deep-fried bull testicles (Colorado) and none of it tasted like chicken.
4. I might read too much.
5. Much to my dismay, once I memorize a phone number, it's there forever. I have completely useless phone numbers from 15 years ago floating around in my head which take up a lot of brain bytes that I could be using to remember where I put the keys.
6. I love cold houses. I would much rather wear a sweater than crank up the heat. My husband is the total opposite. This sets the stage for highly furtive thermostat manoeuvers.
7. I don't drive on freeways.
8. Shortly after entering King Tut's tomb in Luxor, Egypt, my forearm swelled up as though it was smuggling a golf ball. I never found out what bit me, but for the rest of the day, I was convinced I was going to be the next victim of the legendary curse.
9. Colors define me. Right now, they're Farrow and Ball's "Railings", Diana Vreeland red and the vivid teal of a peacock's tail feather.
10. "Will and Grace" trivia: I played Diane, the only woman Will Truman ever slept with, on the 2001 Thanksgiving episode called "Lows in the Mid-80's."
I worked on the show at the time and my friends Max and David (the creators) thought it would be fun for me to make an appearance for posterity. My character reappeared a couple of seasons later, only in true Hollywood fashion I was replaced by Mira Sorvino because we obviously look soo much alike (not).
And now for my nominations:
2. Style Court